Dr. David Miyashiro is a forward-thinking, award-winning education leader with a 17-year career spent revolutionizing learning approaches, education models, and school district capabilities in Southern California. As a digital pioneer, he has navigated districts into the hi-tech era, delivering numerous innovation “firsts,” for which he has garnered professional honors. Those include Superintendent of the Year and recognition from the White House and U.S. Department of Education as one of the “Top 35 District Leaders in Personalized Learning.” Districts under his leadership have also won awards, such as the California School Boards Association’s Golden Bell Award, the National School Boards Association’s Magna Award for Digital Learning, and the California Distinguished Schools Award.
Partipants will receive concrete examples, strategies, and tools for implemention at the school and district level for systemwide transformation. The Cajon Valley Union School District is recognized globally for its’ modern practices and curriculum beginning with their transition to a 1:1 blended and personalized learning in 2013 followed by the development of “The World of Work”, a comprehensive K-12 Career Development and Social Emotional Learning solution. Systemwide innovation was made possible by creating a culture of engagement.
- Gain strategies for systemwide digital transformation and impactful 1:1 technology programs.
- Explore and receive concrete examples of modern tools and curriculum.
- Take away strategies and ideas for creating a culture of engagement and innovation to sustain systemwide change.
- Participants will examine and reflect upon the current status of technology implementation and create a plan for next steps.
- Participants will connect with Cajon Valley District leaders and build a network for modern tools and curriculum./li>
- Participants will outline goals and strategies for creating a culture of innovation with site or district leadership teams.