Brandi Cota is the Project Manager for the Maine Learning Through Technology Initiative. In this role, Brandi supports schools and works with program partners to ensure the needs of schools are met and align with program priorities. Brandi is also the State of Maine Military Family Education Liaison for the Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission.
You can contact Brandi about:
- ConnectKidsNow!- Cellular tablet and hotspot set up, service provider information, Knox support.
- ECF Funding- Support and resources for Emergency Connectivity Funding applications.
- Military Education Liaison- Support for military connected students.
- LMS Sub Grant Awards-Support on the application approval and award funding for LMS.
- SketchUp Pro Licenses- Reach out for license available to public K-12 Maine schools.
- MLTI 2.0 Program Support- Device information, vendor contacts, program procedures, overall program questions.
- MLTI 2.0 Device allocation- 2021 student enrollment allocations, and teacher device allocation questions.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Thu, Oct 21, 2021 Session
Maine Learning Technology Initiative 2.0 - re-imaging the 1:1 program that started it all!In 2002, Maine had the first statewide 1:1 technology initiative, MLTI, which has now been expanded to provide a technology integration coach in each school, a state infrastructure specialist to work with districts to update infrastructure for 2021 learning needs, as well as create local, regional, and statewide professional learning communities while still providing 1:1 laptops for all students. Participants will learn about the history that created this innovative initiative and the program design that has allowed it to remain
- Participants will learn our process for re-imagining the program including advisory board selection and process.
- Participants will learn about how this 1:1 technology initiative has been sustained for 20 years.
- Participants will learn how we have re-imagined the 1:1 program to be necessary and relevant in 2021.
- Participants be able to replicate MLTI's timeline and schedule for design and implementation of a statewide 1:1 learning technology initiative.
- Participants will be able to explain how we have modernized the program to suite the needs of 2021 while keep the core values of the original program
- Participants will be able to identify how the continuous improvement model embedded in MLTI is the key to its success.