The Information Technology department comprises of customer service-oriented professionals dedicated to the integration and implementation of technology across Dekalb County School District. Our goal is to expand the walls of the classroom by providing access to information and programs anytime, anywhere for anyone in a 21st century learning environment. Our job is to facilitate unique collaborative partnerships between our customers – students, teachers, staff, parents and the community. The results are improved student achievement and optimum business processes, to establish and maintain a technology-rich teaching and learning environment where students and staff develop 21st century skills to be successful citizens in a global community.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Mon, Sep 28, 2020 TBC
Disrupting IT: Innovation vs. Best PracticeThe road to empowering student learning in today's K-12 schools leads right to the challenge of balancing innovation and best practices. With this challenge often comes the disruption, rethinking, and restructuring of IT environments in school districts. Is EdTech in your district ready for this disruption? How can you help lead this change? Let’s explore and share strategies for success!
- Discuss the differences between best practices and innovation.
- Examine current factors and trends that are disrupting educational technology environments.
- Outline solutions that leverage the duality of best practices and innovation to transform educational technology environments.
- Communicate a shared definition for innovation and best practices.
- Explain how innovation and best practices work synergistically to support educational technology goals.
- Establish strategies that will guide leadership through disruption and transformation within an educational technology environment.