Andy is an instructional technology specialist from Indian Prairie School District 204. Andy has served in his current position for three years. Prior to becoming an instructional technology specialist, Andy taught for 8 years as an elementary educator. His passion lies in the use educational technology to increase student learning outcomes as well as enhance teacher productivity and efficiency. He works to develop and facilitate professional learning in a variety of ways including face to face, online and blended learning courses across a K-12 district. Andy is a Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer. He serves as the Google domain administrator for Indian Prairie. He believes in the message of “eUp” – equipping, encouraging and empowering students and educators in ensure success is reached at the highest level.
Andy’s family is the highest of importance to him. He is fortunate to be married to a loving supportive wife and have two amazing children (Dylan and Mackenzie). Andy is active in the Huntley community serving on various committees and as an active leader in the Boy Scouts of America.
01:00 PM - 1:45 PM Wed, Aug 03, 2022 Las Vegas
But Wait There's More! Even More from Google... for EducationDid you know that beyond the core suite of tools from Google, there is a plethora of resources? During this energized session, we will explore OVER 30 hidden gems and ways to leverage Google products you know in new and interesting ways! Participants will walk away from this high-energy session with ideas and applications to take back to their schools, classrooms and apply to any role, tomorrow.
- Attendees will explore the resources available from Google to support their own and colleagues growth with Google and educational technology.
- Attendees will participate in "Machine Learning" and Artificial Intelligence" demos and explore how these applications fit into today's classrooms.
- Attendees will investigate student tools for creation that are available, create a product themselves and discuss how this is incorporated, in school.
- Attendees will experience aspects of Google and Google Search that vastly improve teacher efficiency and effectiveness by saving valuable time.
- From Art, Music, Social Studies, Language Arts and more, attendees will became familiar with how these tools fit into all classrooms and content areas
- Attendees will take away quick Google tools and resources that they can share with their collegues and students to use in classrooms tomorrow.
- Attendees will leave with some Google training materials to continue to explore Google applications even deeper as a result of this session.
- Attendees will be energized with some new ideas around Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence that they can use to engage students.
- Attendees will increase their efficiency and effectiveness through time-saving tips and hacks to increase student learning outcomes.
- Attendees will be advocates for change by bringing a variety of resources back to their schools to apply to multiple content areas and classrooms.