If there are 7+ billion people on the Earth, then why do we frequently use one way to teach our students? Tweet this
Director, K-12 Online & Blended Learning
Throughout his entire public education career, Lucas Leavitt has always been the advocate for treating students as individuals rather than as a class. As a special education teacher starting in 2004, he worked to meet the unique learning differences of diverse populations. During that time, he implemented a station rotation blended learning model to meet students’ needs. As an instructional coach and school administrator, Lucas Leavitt leveraged blended learning as a means to both remediate and accelerate learning and now, as the Director of Online and Blended Learning, Lucas supports the digital learning implementations within the Clark County School District.
01:00 PM - 1:45 PM Tue, Aug 03, 2021 Las Vegas
PLEASE with Digital Learning: Path 2 Leverage Engaging Activities for Students EffectivelyWhen used effectively, digital learning can be a PLEASING experience for students, but this does not typically come together all at once and at times, may feel like a game of Chutes and Ladders. The path to success is outlined in this session and uses the word "PLEASE" as an acronym for the six components of of that path.
- The goal of this sesison is expose participants to six important componets of the path to PLEASE with digital learning.
- Understand why digital learning is important and how it can meet the needs of individual students
- Expose participants to six important components on the path to PLEASE students with digital learning.
- Discuss how these six components apply to learners of all ages.
- Explain why digital learning is important to meet the needs of indivudal students.
- Explain the six important components on the path to PLEASE students with digital learning.
- Compare and contrast the application of these six components when working with youth and adult learners
Add to Calendar 08/03/2021 01:00 PM 08/03/2021 1:45 PM America/Los_Angeles National Edtech and Innovation Conference and Expo 2022 PLEASE with Digital Learning: Path 2 Leverage Engaging Activities for Students Effectively Las Vegas