Mike McGowan is the District Technology Director and District Administrator for Sunnybrook School District 171 in Lansing, IL. Mike has been a Technology Director and Administrator for 15 years. Prior to being a Technology Director, Mike was a classroom teacher in the area of Computers and Business. He currently teaches online Technology Integration courses for an Online University. Mike is working on his doctorate in School Leadership at the University of St. Francis with the goal of becoming a Superintendent in the near future. Mike has had the opportunity to speak around the state, country, and even overseas on a variety of topics related to the integration of technology in education. Mike’s passion is helping educators find effective and meaningful ways to integrate technology into their classrooms with the approach of not letting the technology take over the classroom, but using technology to make a positive change for all students as we prepare them for the world ahead.
11:15 AM - 12:00 NN Wed, Aug 03, 2022 Las Vegas
An Administrator's Guide to Your Distirct's Technology DepartmentDo you want to better understand your district's tech department, this workshop is for you. We will explore options for organizing a district tech department, dive into needed security measures a District must undergo to protect district and student data and look at tech finance. You will have the information to have meaningful conversations with your technology departments after this workshop. At the end of this workshop participants will have a better understanding of the tech departments and have more effective conversations with them.
- Participants will have an understanding of security needed to protect District and Student data.
- Participants will be understanding of technology department finance including understanding the basics of the E-Rate program.
- Participants will understand the makeup of a District Technology team.
- Participants will have an understanding of the legal requirements around technology.
- Particpants will know where to access data related to school security and how to adjust their plans to better secure there districts.
- Particpants will know what options exsist for addtional funding for technology and what programs currently exist.
- Particpants will be able to have the hard conversations about their technology departments make up and make them more effective.
- Partcpants will have the resources needed to adderess the legal issues related to technology.